Cambridge Professional Development Qualifications
Accreditation by UCL Institute of Education (IOE)
Cambridge Professional Development Qualifications are accredited
by the University College London (UCL) Institute of Education. The Certificates are accredited with 60 credits at Level 4 of the Quality Assurance Agency Framework for Higher Education Qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland (FHEQ). The Diplomas are accredited with 60 credits at Level 5.
UCL Institute of Education was ranked number one for education worldwide in the 2014, 2015 and 2016 QS World University Rankings.
The course duration for each of the above is 24 months and is a taught course with fortnightly sessions delivered through a combination of zoom and face to face facilitation. The cost is currently being negotiated with our providers but will be in the region of £800.00 per teacher for the whole 2 years. Spread over the 24 months, this is calculated at £66.00 per month spend per teacher.
Cambridge Professional Development Qualifications (Cambridge PDQs) are designed to enrich teaching and leadership.
The most important factor in the quality of students’ learning is the quality of teaching and school leadership. Teachers and leaders need to develop their professional thinking and practice continuously throughout their careers. We have designed Cambridge PDQs to lead the way in enriching professional learning in schools. These qualifications are based on research evidence about the kinds of professional development that have real impact and value.
Cambridge PDQs help practising teachers and education leaders to:
- engage critically with relevant educational thinking and international best practices
- apply new ideas and approaches in their own practice
- reflect on and share experiences and outcomes to plan further development
- improve the quality of their students’ learning.
Cambridge PDQs help schools to:
- access quality accredited professional development programmes locally that are cost effective and meet individual and school needs
- establish and nurture school-based professional learning communities
- promote continuing and collaborative professional learning in school life and culture
- ensure that professional development is planned, experienced and evaluated as an integral part of school development.
Based on research and international best practice
Recommended for schools delivering iGCSE curriculum.
Quality, affordable, effective professional learning in your local context
Teachers or leaders achieving the Cambridge PDQ Certificate and Diploma are gaining a qualification that is recognised and valued for further professional and career development. Schools taking Cambridge PDQs demonstrate their commitment to quality professional development and to raising standards. We believe that Cambridge PDQs can transform professional learning for you and your school.
Cambridge PDQs – the essentials
The qualifications are designed to ensure that Cambridge PDQ programmes meet teachers’ goals,
schools’ objectives and our standards.
Who are the qualifications for?
What are the areas of focus?
Cambridge PDQs covers four themes relevant to
schools, leaders and teachers:
• Teaching & Learning
• Educational Leadership
• Teaching Bilingual Learners
• Teaching with Digital Technologies.
What is the qualification and assessment structure?
Cambridge Professional Development Qualifications are accredited by the University College London (UCL) Institute of Education (IOE).
If you would like to offer PDQs to your staff, kindly email email@example.com or complete the survey below so that we can finalise numbers for facilitation.